We all know that pain is a highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by illness or injury. When we have pain, it reduces our efficacy to engage in daily routine activities and reduces the quality of life. It disturbs our sleep and makes us uncomfortable and irritated.
The pain can be broadly divided into two types.
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
Acute pain, most of the time is a temporary condition after surgery or due to any other insult to the body.
Chronic pain can be caused by mainly due to nerve damage or as a result of ageing which affects bones and joints. It may be caused by so many other reasons and factors too.
In many cases, it is challenging to figure out the source of chronic pain. It may begin with an injury or infection. With time, if not managed well, chronic pain can affect your psychological health.
Many diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and inflammation of the tendons and ligaments, can be the underline cause of chronic pain. Stomach ulcers, diseases in the internal organs, some cancers, and neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis can also cause chronic pain.
Acute pain can be treated with medications, but analgesics are not a good option for managing chronic pain.
For example, pain due to kidney and urinary tract infections likely to be ‘acute’ and there are identifiable differences between chronic back pain and kidney pain.
What is Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology?
Quell is a natural solution for chronic pain relief without medication. It has an advanced wearable technology which can stimulate nerves and provide relief from chronic pains. The manufacturer recommends it for chronic back, arthritis, nerve, and leg and foot pain.
This device does not contain drugs. It can be used during the day while you are active and night while you are sleeping.
The action of this device bit complex but the theory behind the technology is to stimulate specific nerves that can activate natural pain relief process.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States has cleared it.
According to the CEO of NeuroMatrix, this device stimulates pain centres within the brain and release endogenous opioids, which bind to receptors in the spinal cord and then reduce the pain signal transmission by blocking pain signals.
This device uses Bluetooth technology to connect with your smartphone through the manufacturer’s App. Over the phone, the user can control the intensity of the stimulation up and down.
Features of Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology
The manufacturer boasts about the following elements of the technology within the device.
- 100% of drugs free
- FDA-cleared for day and night use
- Lightweight and slim
- Has patent for neurotechnology
- The ability to calibrate the Quell through both iOS and Android Apps
- Personalized the App and device with multiple stimulation patterns and sleep modes
- Delivering prescription strength therapy – Quell provides very precise and controlled neurostimulation through the electrode.
- The ability to control and customize through an App
The device control through the App offers you unprecedented personalisation and monitoring of therapy session.
Through the App you can calibrate Quell to:
Start and stop therapy
Intensity adjustment of therapy
Select therapy dosage
Select different stimulation patterns
Sleep mode to find the best pattern for you
Track weather changes that may impact pain and adjust therapy accordingly
Measure progress about treatment, sleep, activity and pain
There are a variety of therapy settings and sleep modes in Quell. So it allows you to select and deliver the desired therapy for you.
Quell is a slim and easy-to-wear device which gives all-day comfort. It is designed to live with you day and night to block your pain.
This product comes with…
- One Quell device
- One Quell band
- Two standard electrodes
- One charger cable
- One charger adapter
How to use the Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology?
Each Quell session is about 60 minutes.
Firstly, you need to snap the electrodes in place. Then strap the band just below the knee and activate the stimulation with a simple click of a bottom. Then the device will tap into the body‘s natural pain control system to block pain signals and provide widespread pain relief.
The manufacturer claims that its OptiTherapy™ technology has the ability to automatically adjust the intensity of your stimulation to ensure you get the optimum amount of pain relief you need. You have to do is perform a quick initial calibration, and then Quell will automatically deliver therapy sessions every other hour—including during sleep.
Remember, this device is not suitable to use in patients with
- Implanted defibrillators
- Implanted metallic or electronic device
- migraines or chronic headaches.
Why do people like to use Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology?
Peoples experience of using this device suggests the following:
- Pain relief – The main aim of using this device is for pain relief, and it does its function well
- App-based control therapy – because of that, the device is easy to use, contemporary, and an excellent interface over smartphones too.
- It has a battery life lasting for days, so no need to recharge the battery daily.
- The unit is travel-friendly, and you can use it during your air travel
- It has a comprehensive sleep tracking technology and provides useful information to improve your quality of life.
What are the negatives about Quell™ Wearable Pain Relief Technology?
- There is only infancy of researches about this device, and to the date, most of the research has been conducted by the manufacturer. They are listed on the manufacturer’s website.
- Sometimes you may need to replace electrodes frequently
- No methods of downloading, exporting or analyzing the data collected through the device.
- Leg bands may stretch out quickly needing frequent replacement
- Seniors and people are not fond of technology may find it challenging to control this device through the App, and may find it not very user-friendly.
- There were incidences that users complaining that electrode gel may be allergic to the skin and cause rashes. So you need to trial the gel before deciding to apply it long-term.
According to the information given above we can review the primary functions of this device as below.
Pain relief – 4/5
Durability – 4/5
User-friendliness – 4/5
Worth for money – 4/5
Battery life – 3/5
The manufacturer provides the money-back guarantee if you are not happy about this product. It is worth trying technology for chronic pains you have, potentially could be better than being on long term pain-relieving drugs.
From Where I Can Buy Quell?
You can purchase the Quell following the below links.