Just as you massage your neck, shoulder, and back, your feet also can enjoy some feet massaging.
Massaging your foot regularly can offer a lot of health benefits. It is a great way to relax after a long day at work. It improves blood circulation, stimulates muscles, reduces tension, relieves pain. Massaging feet can stimulate the nerves, and warms up your feet too.
Nowadays most of us spend a lot of time, either sitting or standing, none of which is good for our feet.
Spending a lot of time sitting can result in poor blood circulation in the feet, and our feet might seem cold all the time. On the other hand, a lot of standing and walking can result in swollen or sore feet.
Using a foot massager will stimulate the feet muscles, improving blood circulation, and make your feet warmer and can provide a relaxing effect.
Especially, diabetic patients can massage their feet to stimulate the nerves in the soles of the feet, easing nerve pain and aches.
People suffering from arthritis, bunions, and back pain can use feet massager to alleviate the symptoms.
In this article, we will be reviewing one of the famous foot massagers – the OSITO Foot Massager. This OSITO Foot Massager Review will cover all aspects of the massager one should know before deciding to buy it.
What is an OSITO Foot Massager? The Product Description
OSITO Foot Massager is a premium foot massager; it is not just a conventional foot massager but, a non-invasive FDA cleared class II medical device that uses three medical technologies, which are
Electrical Muscles stimulation (EMS),
Electronic Pulse Therapy (EPT), and
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve stimulator (TENS).
The combination of the technology meant more effectively improve your circulation, strengthen muscles, reduce muscle tension, reduce pain, prevent restless leg syndrome, swelling, tiredness, and aching of the legs.
It is also used for arthritis, neuropathy, cramps, diabetes, plantar fasciitis, feet medical care, etc.
OSITO Foot Massager is a drug-free circulation blood booster, by using electrical stimulation therapy can stimulate the calf muscles by sending a micro-current impulse to neuromuscular junctions through the soles of feet to improve circulation and relieve legs and feet pain.
OSITO Foot Massager – What’s in the Box?
The massager comes with 4 electrode pads that you can put on any part of your body to enjoy TENS stimulation.
Dimension: 17.8 × 6.3 × 17.8 inches
Shipping Weight: 2.96 kg
Features of OSITO Foot Massager & Details
The Osito Foot Massager Machine features the following.
- A big colorful LCD screen that makes it easy to read.
- A handy handle to make it easy to carry and travel with it.
- It is built with 25 – 50 kinds of massage modes
for the feet and body to help eliminate fatigue.
- Osito Massager comes with 99 kinds of electromagnetic wave intensity levels that one can increase intensity level gradually until you feel the calf muscles contracting comfortably.
- Each massage session is set to last for 25 minutes by default to avoid overstimulation.
- Sole massage roller comes with the device that can help with plantar fasciitis.
- The 4 electrode body gel pads come with two 72-inch long connection wires that are connected to the other side of the machine for TENS stimulation so that aside from your foot/leg, other parts of your body can also benefit at the same time.
- The infrared remote controller has all its functions, and it is easy to use.
- Plug-and-play AC/DC adapter make sure you don’t have to worry about replacing any battery.
- The instruction manual is easy to understand.
- OSITO Foot MassagerIt comes with a 12 months warranty.
OSITO Foot Massager- Modes of Application
This massager has different intensity levels and modes of massage.
How to use the OSITO Foot Massager?
Here are the steps to start using the massager.
- Plug on the device to a power supply.
- You will see the led light flashes, which means the machine is connected to power.
- Then, press the button “on/off” or turn it on using the remote controller.
- Ensure you are comfortably seated and place bare feet on the footpads.
- Gradually increase the intensity using the remote control or device panel until you feel your calf muscle contracting comfortably, thus leaving the calf muscles in a relaxed state.
- Select the mode.
Each session is automatically set to lasts for 25 minutes. To gain the maximum benefit of the machine, use it 1-2 times per day, regularly.
Usage Instructions – Tips for using the OSITO Foot Massager
The following instructions are important when using the device.
- Use the level of intensity that is comfortable and relaxing for both legs.
- When you feel stimulation in only one leg, it may be as a result of different levels of circulation in the legs or if you are losing normal sensation.
- If you are using gel, balm or moisturizer on your legs, to help with connectivity, ensure that you apply them evenly and thoroughly to be absorbed into the skin before you start the stimulation.
- If you have been inactive or immobile (for, e.g., wheelchair-bound) for a long time and want to use this device, always use a low-intensity level to bring about a gentle muscle contraction, or use for a shorter period to avoid overstimulation.
- When using the device always, make sure you are hydrated.
Tip: If you use a wheelchair, stick with the best wheelchair cushions such as a Roho cushion.
What makes the OSITO Foot MassagerIt different from others?
Here is the list of reasons which make OSITO Foot Massager special and value for money.
- This Foot massager is an FDA cleared Class II Medical Device.
- The device is different from the other ordinary kneading, shiatsu, vibrating foot massagers because it is a medical device and not just for massaging the foot and relaxation. And, it also for stimulating other parts of the body using the TENS stimulator.
- OSITO Foot Massager is suitable for any foot size, so it is not limited to any foot size. So long as the soles of your feet are on the machine, you will feel the stimulation on the whole feet even if your toes are out of the footplate.
- It is proven to be safe and effective, so don’t worry about hurting your feet. Since physical fitness differs for males and females, young and old, likewise, the ability to adapt to electric pulse varies too. Therefore, for the sake of safety, this massager is set to always begin from zero, with various massage modes and levels of intensity which you can select from.
- You can use this massager at any place or at any time you want, and it is travel-friendly.
- The treatment sessions are designed to last 25 minutes, after which it automatically shut off. So, if you fall asleep during the session, you will not accidentally exceed the recommended duration of the session.
Pros of OSITO Foot Massager
- OSITO Foot Massager machine is lightweight, portable with a carry handle for easy transportation, so you can always enjoy your massage anywhere and at any time.
- It comes with a remote control that is simple and easy to use. This means you don’t have to get up to switch off the device.
- The machine comes with different massage modes and intensity levels so you can adjust the machine to the mode of massage and level of intensity that you like.
- This machine and the technologies used within it are non-invasive.
- OSITO Foot Massager comes with a 1-year warranty.
Cons of OSITO Foot Massager
- Looking at the LED light is the only way to know that the machine is working since the device does not give you any sign like a warning or heat, so you will not feel the machine working. This is where an automated shutoff mechanism comes in very handy.
- Osito brand does not popular as a reliable brand. Overall, the customer satisfaction of the brand is low.
- There are many complaints by the product users about less than 12 months lifespan of this foot massager. In other words, if you intend to use the massager for years, then you should rethink.
Safety warnings about OSITO Foot Massager
- Keep this device away from children, especially from those under 12.
- Keep this device away from any magnetic field – if you have an implanted electronic device such as a cardiac pacemaker or an implanted defibrillator, do not use this device.
- See a doctor in case you have had a knee replacement, and you want to use this device because, if there is metal prosthesis involved, you can not be sure of how the machine will react to that.
- Do not use this device if you suspect that you have or if you are being treated for Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
- Do not use this device if you are pregnant.
The most users of OSITO Foot Massager who suffers from pain and cold feet and also had reflexology rated issues commend the product 3 out of 5 stars. They collectively said the product is amazing and helped with the pain and circulation. However, some were not happy at the end due to the Cons mentioned above.
A reviewer who bought the product for his 85 years old mother with swollen feet rated the product 4.0 out of 5 stars. He said the product is perfect for the elderly who cannot walk to a far distance and that he noticed that within the first 2 days, there was an improvement on his mother’s leg.
Generally speaking, most users agreed that the device improved pains in their legs. And, the product was lightweight, easy to use, and the instructions are very simple. However, in our opinion the product reliability is a biggest issue. In many cases, this product has not last more a few months, which is a shame.
One of our clients also made a criticism that the pulse beat is not powerful enough to him, which worth mentioning here too.
Since our blood circulation system is a vital body system that takes care of several functions in our body, improving it will not only relieve painful feet and relax aching muscles, but also boost your overall body health. So if you or any of your loved ones are suffering leg cramps, arthritis, neuropathy and finds is difficult to walk because of the unbearable pain, and you may have also tried other means of relieving them – pain killers, natural remedies or supplements you should consider trying out an Osito foot circulation machine.
This machine may help regularize blood circulation in your feet. It massages your foot, strengthens your muscles, helps you to relax, and the TENS unit connected to it works on improving other parts of the body too. However, based on most of our readers and client experience with this foot massager, this is a low to average quality product; hence, we do NOT recommend the Osito Foot Massager.
Tip: This is what we think about Sequential Air Compression Leg Massager, Thumper Massager, and Human Touch Foot and Calf Massager.
When turned on should the foot pads light up?
Thanks for stopping by.
The footpad lights are an optional feature, which you should able to control in settings. It is possible in some devices the default setting set it to be ‘OFF’.
This user video will explain it better.
Hope this helps.
Thanks and take care.
My partner is diabetic and used machine he felt nothing .Does this device work with time as no vibration from machine or pulse is this normal.
I’m not feeling the pads working. What should I do?
I have used the machine three times and now it will not turn on or operate
I hardly feel anything when using it. I had the mode set at 16 and the foot level at 11 and not sure it was working as I hardly felt anything.
Is this product safe if I am currently in cancer treatment?
Thinking of buying this for my wife but she has a full knee replacement (stainless steel & titanium) done some 15 years ago.
Do you think this is a problem?
Family doctor here has no guidance !
My foot massage quit working. I only used it about 12 /15 times. It was great when it woked. When you plug it in it comes on for a split second, then goes off.
Very good product got it for my wife who as osteoporosisathrit releives pain
Remote control won’t work. Brand new out the box
Can you use this if you have had hip replacements?
Can you use this if you have had a hip replacement?
Can you use this with hip replacements?
It is rather confusing. I want to make sure that this machine is not harmful.
When one has a total knee replacement – is it safe to use????
Just received the AST-300L for Christmas. I have chemo induced neuropathy in my feet. With the 25 modes that it offers, I’m unsure of which is best for my condition. Can you offer a suggestion for mode and intensity? Thanks.
Should there be any sound when it is working?
How to order more stimulus pads
Worked well for my neuropathy, unfortunately, stopped working after about a year. Used less than 2-3 times per week. Changed remote control battery, did not help. Very disappointed.
Where can I purchase this, I live in Tweed Heads nthn NSW. Thanks