Are you looking for a non-invasive, drug-free method of treating chronic pain? There are several methods of managing prolonged and chronic pain but NeuroTrac TENS is designed to provide all you may need to effectively treat your pain without any major side effects.
In this NeuroTrac TENS Review, we will be exploring how the NeuroTrac TENS treat pains, and will guide you through how to select the correct NeuroTrac TENS model for your pain.
Without further due, let’s find out what this TENS device is really about.
What is NeuroTrac TENS?
NeuroTrac TENS is an advanced digital battery-powered device that provides a drug-free, non-invasive method of managing chronic and intractable pain.
This device can also serve as an assistant treatment in controlling post-surgical (after surgery) traumatic pain issues.
NeuroTrac TENS can also assist with the following types of pains.
- Phantom limb pain,
- Sports injury,
- Skeletal or bone pain,
- Foot pain,
- Knee pain,
- Chronic or long-term pain,
- Muscle ache,
- Cancer pain,
- Period pain,
- Back pain,
- Joint pain,
- Leg pain,
- Leg pain at night,
- Lower back pain,
- Travel sickness,
- Muscular shoulder aches,
- Stomach pain,
- Rheumatic nausea,
- Neck pain,
- Toothache, and
- General body pain.
The most common use of NeuroTrac TENS includes acute and chronic pain, reflex sympathetic dystrophy syndrome (RSD), arthritis, cervical and back muscular syndromes, neuropathies, shoulder syndromes, and several other painful conditions.
Tip: This is our opinion about the Cefaly Anti-migraine Device.
How NeuroTrac TENS Treats Pain?
As it is with other TENS devices, NeuroTrac TENS sends electrical pulses into the skin to treat pain. The electrical impulses release endorphins with other substances to shut off pain signals in the brain.
This device will work best when it used during activities like walking, exercising, or doing chores.
NeuroTrac TENS Treatment Modes
There are 3 different modes.
NeuroTrac TENS uses three treatment modes in providing pain relief that includes; Normal or conventional TENS mode, Burst mode, and modulation mode.
Let’s learn about those modes in more detail.
Normal or conventional TENS mode
This mode allows the user to choose any rate between 2Hz to 200Hz and any pulse width between 50?s to 300?s.
It is used regularly more than the other two modes, and 80Hz and 200?s pulse width is the most common selection.
This mode is like the technique of the low rate TENS, just that all the lower rate pulse will be replaced by nine pulses short pulses (200?s) at 150Hz.
Burst mode combines both conventional and lower rate TENS. It is also known as acupuncture-like TENS.
This mode is to help avert nerve accommodation that a lot of patient experience, and it is made possible by cycling the rate and pulse width continuously.
Tip: This is our opinion about the TENS Acupuncture Pen for managing pain.
NeuroTrac Dual-channel Unit
The NeuroTrac TENS device is a double channel unit that has two different up and down control buttons. These control buttons allow users to control the intensity of electricity on each electrode set. The user can also choose to make use of only two electrodes or using all the four provided.
For example, two electrodes may be used on the elbow area or when there is a smaller physical area to treat, while four electrodes can be used on the lower back, or where there are other physical areas to medicate.
Features of NeuroTrac TENS
Let’s explore the key features of this TENS device.
- The device has an LCD that displays intensity, program modes, rate pulse width and time
- Double channel and treatment time setting (from 1 min to 12 hrs)
- Has three modes, as noted earlier.
- It switches off automatically if the device is not in use after 4 minutes.
- The device is light, compact, and reliable.
- 12 inbuilt programs.
- It can treat all types of pain.
- It is user-friendly. It is easy to use.
How to Use NeuroTrac TENS
Follow these steps before starting NeuroTrac TENS treatment.
- Make sure that the NeuroTrac TENS device is fully charged or ensure that it is plugged to the power source appropriately.
- Ensure that all the control switches are off before commencing your treatment.
- Make sure you clean the body areas you want to fix the electrodes to (preferably) with rubbing alcohol and completely dry it.
- Apply a little of the gel provided on the clean body area upon which the electrodes would go. It (the gel) helps in transferring an electric signal into the body effectively.
- Fix the electrode with tape or sticky patch on the cleaned part of the affected area of the body.
- Then, you can fix the connector pins onto the electrode wire ends and plug them to the device.
- Finally, set the control buttons to your desired settings and start the treatment. You will feel a tingling sensation in the treating areas when you begin the treatments.
- After the treatments, turn off the device and disconnect the electrodes from the device, but if you plan to repeat the process later, you will not need to take off the electrode from the body
- Check that the tape or electrode pads did not irritate your skin. If your skin is red, there may be a need that you use another type of tape, contact gel, or electrode pad.
- NeuroTrac TENS device is meant to be used for a minimum of 45minutes, but it can also be utilized for up to 12hrs before cleaning and re-setting the electrodes.
- When you finish using the device for the day, remove the electrodes carefully from the body, then wipe the body with water and soap.
Caution! What to Watch for? When Shouldn’t Use NeuroTrac TENS?
- Do not fix electrode pads on damaged or broken skin.
- Do not fix electrode pads on the side or front of the neck, in the mouth, or near the eyes.
- Do not use the device while in the shower or having a bath.
- Do not use this device while operating machinery or driving.
- Do not use this device on skin areas where there is no normal sensation.
- The use of NeuroTrac TENS can affect electronic monitoring equipment.
- This device, like most of similar, should be kept out of the children’s reach because it can cause harm to them.
Uses of NeuroTrac TENS and Pain Relief
The primary purpose of NeuroTrac TENS is to reduce chronic pain by stimulating the nerves to distract pain centers.
NeuroTrac TENS can naturally relieve pain. The impulses assist in releasing endorphins that would naturally relieve pain without serious side effects.
Here are the key mechanisms on how NeuroTrac can help improve your life and happiness.
By promoting healing and circulation
NeuroTrac TENS blocks, or overrides pain signal in the brain and increase blood functionality and transmission.
By improving sleep patterns
The body can relax well without any worry about spasm or injury at night when the pain has reduced. Therefore, one of the uses of NeuroTrac TENS is to help enhance the quality of your sleep.
By reducing pain signals
A NeuroTrac TENS device can assist in blocking, or reducing pain signals, making sure of immediate pain relief. This device makes sure that the pain signals do not get to the brain.
By enhancing motion and function
This device can be used together with other types of treatment, in pain, it is also used as part of physiotherapy, spinal manipulation, guided imagery, and even for relaxation therapy for the betterment of the function of the body and motion.
By effectively restrain nerves
Many studies show that a TENS device can restrict the nerves while reducing the signals of the pain, particularly in those who suffer from nerve damage. As earlier mentioned, the use of NeuroTrac TENS stops the nerve from transmitting the pain signals to the brain.
By reducing inflammation
Inflammation can cause a lot of pain and discomfort in the body. With adequate stimulation, NeuroTrac TENS can help to reduce inflammation that happens in the muscle fiber.
By fighting with tiredness and fatigue
Pros and Cons of NeuroTrac TENS
As it is with every other TENS device, NeuroTrac TENS has its advantages and disadvantages.
Let’s dig into them now…
- Pain relief
- Easy treatment
- It boosts the immune system.
- Useful durable analgesia.
- It can also treat several kinds of pain effectively.
- No addictive potential.
- It does not interact with other therapies or drugs.
- It builds minimum resistance.
- Easy to use.
- It may not reduce all kinds of pain.
- May cause dryness of the skin.
- If one makes use of it incorrectly, it may cause damages.
- It may increase tumor growth when it is directly on a tumor.
- When you use it on infected parts, it may cross-contaminate.
- It is quite dangerous to use on an open wound.
Tip: Dry mouth is common among people with diabetes.
Some Possible Side Effects of NueroTrac TENS
Here are the possible side effects of NeuroTrac device.
Majority of NeuroTrac TENS side effect comes from either from wrong setting or wearing the electrode pads for a longer time. But this device comes with a preset-modes to help users avoid making this mistake. It is advisable to stop using this device if you experience burn marks until the sore is gone.
Irritation may occur when the electrode pads are on without check for a longer time.
For one to avoid irritation, it is advisable to wash the skin thoroughly before applying the pads. Also, check the skin under electrode the pads after to make sure they are not irritated.
When a NeuroTrac TENS is set too high, it can cause muscle twitching. If this happens, it is necessary to switch the device off immediately until the twitching stops.
If you feel pain in the muscle while using NeuroTrac TENS, there are possibilities that you set the intensity too high. You can lower the beam and also try further spacing of the electrode pads apart.
Potential fatal harm
Pregnant women should not use this device without consulting their doctor first.
Inability to control the muscle
Generally, TENS treatment can be applied all through the day. The small discrete machines may be placed under the cloth so that the user can enjoy the therapy during athletic activities, at home relaxing or work. But there are possibilities that NeuroTrac TENS will affect your feelings and the way you move your muscles.
Therefore, it is advisable not to use any TENS device while operating machinery or driving a car.
You may feel an electric shock when the electrode pads are not correctly applied or when you are applying NeuroTrac TENS on wet skin. Equally, read the device manual to ensure adequate adhesion and make sure that your skin isn’t wet before applying NeuroTrac TENS.
Damages open wound
If NeuroTrac TENS electrode pads are positioned on, or near a damaged skin or open wounds. It can further irritate the sore, and it may take a longer time to heal. Therefore, do not place electrode pads near or on damaged skin.
What is NeuroTrac MultiTens?
More details of the MultiTens and how it differs from the original device is in the below video.
Tip: This is our view on Medisil Magic Touch Massager.
Who Cannot Use NeuroTrac TENS?
NeuroTrac TENS machine is manufactured to help reduce pain.
Unlike several medications, there are no many side-effects when applying NeuroTrac TENS therapy. Nevertheless, individuals with the following issues must not use the NeuroTrac TENS device.
- Epilepsy or some other heart disease.
- Pregnancy (except there was an instruction to do so).
- When the reason for the pain is not yet known or diagnosed.
With NeuroTrac TENS, you can effectively treat your pains without fear of any sort of serious side effects. When it is properly administered, you will enjoy a powerful, smooth, non-invasive therapy.