As a diabetic, finding good diabetic socks will do you so much good, as good socks are one of the best ways to manage diabetes. This can be attributed to the fact that diabetics are prone to a foot injury and poor blood circulation. Therefore, I write this article to help you choose one of the best diabetic socks made in the USA.
Most diabetics experience nerve damage which is the cause of diabetic neuropathy mostly found in diabetics. This is where diabetics’ socks become very important for people with diabetes. So, for those with diabetes, if you notice any of the following conditions, then you should definitely find a suitable sock.
The conditions to watch for are;
- If you experience foot color changes or temperature changes
- If you experience foot irritation or nerve damage
- If you have fungal infections
- If your feet are always sweating
If you encounter any of these, you should seek out excellent diabetic socks!
How To Find Good Diabetic Socks?
The below characteristics are the key to a reliable diabetic sock.
- Diabetic socks have moisture-wicking materials.
This is meant to pull moisture away from your feet, thereby reducing the risk of fungal infections and odor.
The more dry your foot is, the more you will be protected from blisters formation and other injuries.
- Good diabetics socks have a seamless toe.
This seamless toe property helps in reducing the risk of running and blister formation. This is most important for those with neuropathy or chronic hyperglycemia.
- Some good diabetics socks sometimes have a white sole which helps to show draining of invisible wounds.
- Good diabetics socks are made with soft yarns.
They are mostly made with fabrics that are fine-textured like bamboo and wool. This is because bamboo and wool have antimicrobial properties which are natural and are not also harsh against the skin.
- Good diabetics socks usually have non-elastic binding so as not to squeeze the calf.
- Diabetics socks are meant to have antimicrobial properties to prevent bacterial and fungal formation.
- Most good diabetic socks have padded soles which helps to prevent injury.
So, depending on the type of activity you do, you should look for padded diabetics socks that will soothe your particular need. If your work requires standing for a long time, then you should consider socks with extra padding in the heel. If you are an athlete, you should consider extra padding under the ball of the foot (e.g. CEP compression socks).
Having considered the features of good diabetics socks, we will go ahead to give some reviews of some diabetic socks. There were considered as good because they mostly contain the features mentioned above. It will also be a good guide for you if you are looking to get diabetic socks for yourself or your loved ones.
Best Diabetics Socks Made in the USA
The below I review the best diabetics socks made in the USA.
1. Dr. Scholl’s Women’s 4 Pack Diabetic and Circulatory Non-Binding Ankle socks
Dr. Scholl’s socks are very much perfect for diabetics and all those who have circulatory issues. These socks are known as the best socks for women. It is guaranteed for one year and approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
- It is made with 96% polyester, 2% spandex, and 2% of other fibers.
- The socks have a soft stretch nonbinding top which conforms gently to legs and won’t also restrict circulation.
- It has a free flow knit which gives it a smooth and ultra-comfortable fit.
Pros of Dr. Scholl’s Socks
- These diabetics socks made for women are made with a soft and nonbinding top that fits perfectly to your leg thereby improving circulation.
- Its moisture management technology works very well to keep the feet dry.
- It has anti-odor properties which keep your feet fresh.
- It is made with very good materials which gives the finest fit and comfort.
- Its smooth toe seam goes a long way in reducing irritation.
- It’s extra cushioning gives sensitive feet the much-needed protection.
- Dr. Scholl’s socks are not made with cotton which makes it possible for the socks to reduce moisture absorption and irritation.
- The socks can be quite expensive compared to other socks
The prince ranges from $6 – $8
2. Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Premium Diabetic and Circulatory Socks at Amazon
These socks are highly recommended as the best budget socks. It is very good for diabetics, especially the ones with circulatory problems and sensitive skin. It is guaranteed to one year and approved by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- These men’s diabetics socks are made with 95% polyester, 1% spandex, and 4% of other fibers.
- The socks has a soft stretch with a non-binding top.
- Its moisture management flows freely which make it able to keep the feet dry.
- It gives the best fit and comfort because it is made with great materials.
- Its toe seam is ultra-smooth, and it makes it suitable for sensitive skin.
- You can get these socks because their nonbinding top makes it very easy for the socks to fit into your legs, and also, improve circulation.
- It is very convenient for diabetics suffering from peripheral neuropathy and also the ones who experience weakness, numbness, and pain in their feet which is a result of nerve damage.
- These socks are very good also for diabetics with sensitive skin. Most socks irritate the foot of those with sensitive skin. Nevertheless, Dr. Scholl’s socks have a very soft, stretchy nonbinding top together with a smooth toe seam which helps it to minimize irritation.
- It is also ideal for those who want socks they can wear all-day
- Some users complained that the socks don’t hold up for long.
The price ranges from $9 – $10
3. Emem Apparel Diabetic Dress Crew Socks at Amazon
This sock is widely known to provide good comfort. In each pack of the sock, you will find three pairs of diabetic ankle socks.
Emem apparel diabetic dress crew socks are made with a fine combination of 80% cotton, 17% polyester, and 3% spandex.
- It has a nonbinding extra wide ribbed top
- It has a smooth toe which is seamless and non-abrasive
- It has a ribbed design which provides a sophisticated look
- Its fitting is loose
- It has different sizes
- The sole is not padded
- Because of the ribbed design, it has, and also different colors, it provides a sophisticated look which will make your feet look great whenever you put it on.
- Because of how classy the socks is, it fit in for every occasion.
- The socks provide great comfort because it is made with a soft cotton blend.
- It enhances easy blood circulation because it has a non-elastic wide top which enhances good fitting.
- It also eliminates irritation.
- It has a very good and long-lasting quality because it doesn’t fade or lose shape after washing.
- Washing the socks is very easy because they are machine washable.
The price ranges from $14 -$15
4. Orthosleeve Wellness Socks at Amazon
These socks are specifically and strategically designed for diabetics with sensitive feet and poor circulation and also those suffering from edema.
The orthosleeve socks feature light to moderate compression, which helps to improve circulation. It also has nano bamboo, which is believed to contribute to the maintenance of healthy feet and skin.
- Orthosleeve wellness socks have a seamless construction
- It provides a nonbinding comfort
- It is shaped in a way that it will fit various design
- It has a midfoot/arch support structure
- It gives a perfect fit because of it’s left and right design
- It has a Y-Gore heel
- It provides lifestyle and an extra comfort
- It has a contoured padding
The Benefits of Orthosleeve Socks
- Orthosleeve socks provide great relief for people who are suffering from diabetes, sensitive feet, edema, or neuropathy.
- It has specially contoured padding which is located in the toe and heel. The padding in these areas protect sensitive feet.
- The socks provide great comfort because it is anatomically shaped to fit. It also has a special shaped toe and heel pockets which are knitted into the sock to confirm proper placement.
- It has nano bamboo charcoal material making the socks durable and soft.
- The socks is eco-friendly.
- The socks tend to massage the feet.
- It has seamless construction which gives comfortable support to the feet.
- The orthosleeve light gradient construction provides light support for the feet and in turn promotes healthier feet and skin
- The socks are breathable. This breathability is due to the moisture-wicking fabric.
- The socks are also infused with silver ion to enhance freshness, thereby keeping the feet dry.
- Once you take proper care of your orthosleeve socks, it will provide comfort for up to 12 months.
- They might be needed for more comfort in the toe area
The price ranges from $12 – $13
5. Yomandamor Cotton Diabetic Socks
These socks have 80% combined cotton and 20% Elastane. The socks are made with a premium cotton material which keeps the feet comfortable. It is a good solution for those with delicate skin and sensitive feet.
If you are always worried about red marks on your feet, then you should try Yomandamor Cotton Diabetics Socks.
- The socks come in ankle-length.
- The sock size which is size 10-12 fits men shoe size 10-12
- It has a seamless toe
- It is made with micromesh weave
- It has a non-binding loose fitting
- It can be washed with machine
- The seamless toe which the socks provide helps to eliminate bulky toe seam, thereby reducing the risk of infection, foot pressure, and blistering.
- The socks are very durable compared to normal diabetic socks.
- Because of the micromesh weave, it is easy for the socks to breathe and wick away sweat perfectly.
- Its nonbinding loose fitting provides comfortability.
- Its wide calf promotes circulation.
The price ranges from $15- $16
6. Yomandamor Bamboo Diabetics Socks
Yomandamor Bamboo Diabetics Socks come in different sizes. They are made with 70% bamboo and 30% Elastane.
Feature of Yomandamor Bamboo Diabetic Socks
- It has 70% bamboo and 30% elastane which gives the finest fit and material.
- It has a seamless toe which is lightweight and suits all season
- It has a wide calf and top
- It has microbes and hopes for breathing
- It has a nonbinding top
- It has a stay-up performance comfort tops
- It has a high quality
Pros of Yomandamor Bamboo Diabetics Socks
- Due to its seamless toe and nonirritating smooth toe, it is very suitable for all seasons and reduces the risk of infections.
- Due to its micromesh and breathing hole, the sock can comfortably discharge sweat.
- If you have a very high demand for comfort, then these yomandamor bamboo socks are suitable for you because of it’s stay up performance comfort top.
- Despite, it’s high quality, it is very affordable.
- It is very suitable for everyday footwear
no matter the activity you want to engage in.
- It is made with high-quality fibers with great features which makes it able to maximize comfort and alleviate pain caused by leg fatigue or dry skin.
- If you usually have red marks from wearing normal socks, then you can switch to yomandamor bamboo socks.
The price ranges from $16-$17
7. Creswell Sock Mills Diabetics Socks
Creswell socks mill (CSM) is referred to as the sock capital of the world. This title Is because of the great history they have. The story has it that Creswell sock mill started in a region known as fort pane, Alabama which is deeply known for hosiery making. They ventured into hosiery making around 1907 when coal and iron started to dry up. They continued working until the beginning of the 21st century when they decided to open more mills and employ more people. With hard work, they were able to produce more than half of the socks which are being made in the USA.
The introduction of the North America Free Trade Agreement in the 1990s displaced a lot of them leaving only Creswell socks mills.
Features and Benefits of Creswell Sock Mills Diabetics Socks
- They are available in different colors, black, white, navy, gray, or tan.
- They are nonbinding and lose fitting
- They are available in different sizes
- Good for people with Edema or swollen feet
- It is very comfortable.
- You can easily slip it over your ankles without difficulties
- Its compression is minimal making it able to improve circulation
- Because it is non-binding, your legs won’t hurt
- If you are having any type of circulatory problem, edema, diabetes or neuropathy, then you should consider Creswell socks mill
The price ranges from $26 – $27
Having circulatory problems or other foot-related problems as a diabetic can be a difficult experience. Nevertheless, you can efficiently manage it by choosing the right diabetic socks. Whenever you want to choose diabetic socks or compression stockings, ensure that the size is suitable for you and then look for other features that we mentioned above.