The number of people who have diabetes keeps increasing by the day. Foot problems and other related complications usually accompany most diabetic conditions. One of the ways which have been effective in relieving the leg and foot pains caused by these complications is through compression socks. This article covers the 12 best compression socks for diabetics.
They are different brands and manufacturers that produce compression socks, but to make your search easier, we will guide you through some of the best diabetes-friendly compression socks.
The yardstick for the conclusion of this guide is through the product contents, features and customers reviews.
Before jumping on to the best compression socks list, let’s make sure we all know what really compression socks are.
What are Compression Socks?
Compression socks are socks usually made of stretchy fabrics, which enables them to place more pressure on the legs ligaments when compared to other types of socks.
Some of these compression socks are made of graduated compression. The graduated compression means that there is always more pressure on the ligaments found at the bottom of the foot and ankle area. The pressure loosens higher up on the leg.
Who Needs Compression Socks?
People with diabetes have an increased potential for nerve and blood vessel damage. This can lead to poor circulation, changes in skin color, cramping, and pains.
Once there is blood vessel damage, the walls of the leg may lose their elasticity, which will make the valves pull apart.
Tip: Elasticity of blood vessels are different from muscle elasticity.
Compression socks help to improve blood flow by putting pressure on the legs and feet. This makes it ideal for anyone looking to relieve lower leg pain.
1. CEP Progressive Compression Run Socks 2.0
Whatever your reason for choosing CEP compression run socks 2.0 is, you are assured of constant comfort all day long. Whether you are an athlete or someone who wants to relieve pain, you will greatly enjoy its benefits.
This compression sock is available for both men and women.
- It has its brand parents as Medi, and they have been producing medical compression products for over 70 years. This led the founder of CEP, known as Ironman, to leverage Medical’s technical knowledge and designs for athletes.
- It is made of polyamide/nylon , elastane , and polypropylene .
- They offer 20-30mmHg graduated and consistent compression. This explains why they don’t sag with constant use.
- They contain a halo top band that ends just below the knee. This enables your socks to stay in place.
- It has a front ribbing that allows air to flow through in other to cool the surface of your skin.
- The company producing CEP Compression Run Socks, 2.0, offers 6 months guarantee.
Pros of CEP Progressive Compression Run Socks 2.0
- It provides great comfort
- They are thin
- These compression socks don’t sag throughout the day. This means that it will provide enough comfort for the day.
- It is highly recommended for people who suffer from shin splints, Achilles problems, or plantar fasciitis.
Cons of CEP progressive compression run socks
- It is very expensive.
- The size written in the online stores can be tricky, so it should not be fully trusted.
Tip: Don’t forget to read The MediChannel’s complete review of CEP Compression Socks.
2. Sooverki Compression Socks Women and Men Circulation [3 pairs]
These particular compression socks are best for medical, nursing, running, traveling, recovery, and flight socks.
Features of Compression Socks Women and Men Circulation
- They are made with 85 nylon, 15 polyester, and 5 elastane.
- It is made with a plain pattern.
- It contains a multicolor combination
- They have a high nylon percentage
- It provides 15-20mmHg of pressure.
- It has only two size options to choose from, and they are US shoe size Men 6-13 and women 6-15.5
Pros of Sooverki Compression Socks Women and Men Circulation
Sooverki is highly designed to enhance blood circulation, prevent cramping, fatigue, swelling, and also aids muscle recovery.
- They are designed to expressly relieve pain around the ankle
- It can help your feet stay with optimal compression at all times because of its premium quality.
- Sooverki compression socks are changing the status quo in compression socks by matching quality and pricing. They do this without compromising the quality.
- These compression socks have good fabric strength, retains softness and flexibility.
- Sooverki is made with comfortable material and constructed carefully. The stitches are carefully made, leaving no room for rubbing or ripping.
- Due to its 85 nylon, 10 polyester, and 5 elastane, these compression socks provide a perfect composition between comfort and grip.
- Medical doctors and trainers highly recommend these compression socks.
3. Sockwell Chevron Compression Socks – Women
- It has one of the best designs for fitness
- Their fabric is made with 32 merino wool, 32 stretch nylon, 31 rayon from Bamboo, 5 spandex
- The sock height is made to be knee-high
- It is made to be light cushioning
- They come with moisture-wicking properties
- It is specifically meant for women
- You can achieve compression of 15-20mmHg wearing these socks
- It is made in the USA
Pros of Sockwell Chevron Compression Socks
It is very much suitable for long-distance travel. So as a diabetic, if you experience foot problems after a long-distance journey, it is a good idea to get the Rockwell chevron compression socks. This is because it will help increase your blood flow and decrease your swelling when seated for a long time.
It is highly recommended to be worn throughout all day because it is just 15-20mmHg.
Due to its gradient compression, it is greatest at the ankles, and the pressure gradually decreases towards the top of the socks, pushing blood upwards, towards your heart and maximizing circulation.
Its durability and thermoregulation property are greatly improved and balanced due to its perfect fiber blend. This balance is also achieved because it has natural antimicrobial and luxurious bamboo material.
Being made with spandex, it helps the socks stay fit all day, and prevents slipping in the shoe.
It is made with turn welt tops, thereby giving a clean-finished appearance to the top of the socks.
It has a seam-free toe closure thereby, making it minimize friction, and reduce irritation.
The arch areas of the socks are knitted with spandex bands, thereby providing support to the arches.
From reviews given by previous users, it seems the socks are just suitable for fitness. If you try using it for work, especially a strenuous one, you might find it peeling after the first few uses.
4. Physix Gear Sports Compression Sock for Men and Women
These socks are designed with gradient compression making them the perfect performance gear designed for any activity where your legs are pushed to the limit. They offer targeted foot-to-calf muscle support and which might not be seen on lesser quality socks.
- It is made with 70 nylon and 30 spandex
- Comes with effective moisture-wicking properties
- It is designed with quality Lycra fabric
- They provide 20-30mmHg
Pros of Physix Gear Sports Compression Sock for Men and Women
- It provides both style and confidence.
This is because this is one of those compression socks that is designed to be durable without compromising the quality and comfort of the socks.
- They have a double stitch making them very good for your legs.
- It is very useful and efficient for work and cycling
- They are very easy to put on, although they are compression socks
- They can be easily washed without it losing their compression whilst keeping all the excellent vascular toning benefits.
- Although people with diabetes usually have circulation issues, those who don’t have diabetes also can have great blood circulation using these compression socks.
- When you use these compression socks every day, you are sure to get great relief from varicose veins, calf compression, or other leg swelling issues.
If you have just had surgery, this compression socks will help prevent blood clot after your surgery because it fits well.
- You are sure not to add further complication to your aching toe joints because the compression is perfectly located on heel foot calves.
- This sock provides great comfortability.
This is because it is made with comfortable material with careful construction. The stitches are carefully made in a way that they don’t rub or rip together.
- You might fall in love with its fashionable look and multiple colors.
- It has a shock-absorbing effect that helps to reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg.
Cons of Physix Gear Compression Socks for Women
- You might find it expensive.
5. Vitalsox Compression Socks
Features of Vitalsox Compression Socks
- Its fabric is made with 70 silver drystat, 10 spandex, 10 Lycra, 10 Nylon
- They are made in the USA
- It has a striped pattern
- Can be prewashed in fabric softener.
- It is designed for shorter legs
Cons of Vitalsox Compression Socks
- The technical performance material is designed with quick-drying polypropylene. In addition to this polypropylene, silver is added to resist and stop the growth of bacteria and fungus. It also repels odor from the socks.
Note that it won’t stop your feet from smelling if you already have smelly foot issues, instead, the socks will not hold odor.
- It is graduated from the midfoot for plantar ligament, providing arch support.
- You are assured of optimal circulation.
- As a person with diabetes, these socks will be beneficial for running, cross-fit, walkers, pregnancy, maternity, vein support, marathons, sports, gyms, yoga, Spartan, standing, working, sitting, or sleeping. It helps in increasing stamina and aids faster recovery.
- You might find it expensive
- It might not fit you if you have very long legs because it is originally designed for people with shorter legs.
6. Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks for Women and Men
It is a good ankle compression sleeve.
Features of Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Compression Socks
- It has a medium size
- They are manufactured by Bitly
- The main material is nylon
- It has a single white color
- The dimension of the socks is 6 4 1 inches and 2.08 ounces
Pros of Bitly Plantar Fasciitis
- These socks are designed to provide pain relief
The compression socks help in stimulating blood flow and also aids in quick recovery. By so doing, it gives relief for plantar fasciitis, heel pain, and ankle splints.
- It aids rehabilitation due to innovative design
Their lean design and compression on foot, allow for an easy fit, thereby increasing blood flow for a speedy recovery.
- It is designed to serve as all-day wear because it is odor-free and moisture-wicking.
- It is ideal for athletes, air travelers, and diabetics in general.
Cons of Bitly Plantar Fasciitis Socks
- It has just a single white color
- It might not be suitable for strenuous exercises
7. Tech Plus Compression Socks – Running Compression Socks
- They are made with 82 polyamides and 18 elastane
- Machine washable
- Made to be fitted
- They are made of Zensah fabric
- It is moisture-wicking
- It is constructed using a 200-needle count construction
Features of Tech Plus Compression Socks
- It is designed to prevent injury and alleviate shin splints.
Due to its compression, it stabilizes muscles and provides support to the shin and calf areas. This relief is achieved by improving blood flow and providing support to the lower legs.
- The Zensah Tech compression socks will help you get back to your favorite activity, irrespective of the lower leg injury you are having.
- These socks provide great comfort and relief.
This is owing to the fact that it has a seamless tow which prevents chaffing and blisters
- It has an anatomical fit which means that it is made especially for the left and right foot, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Being made with Zensah fabric, it is lightweight, moisture-wicking, and thermal regulating.
- It has an added elastic band that goes around your foot, providing support to your arches, and also providing comfort and preventing fatigue.
- These socks greatly promote blood flow due to its graduated compression property.
Having a graduated compression means that it offers the highest level of compression in the ankle area and less compression in the calf area. This will allow the socks to promote blood flow by pushing the blood back to the heart through the veins. This will help prevent swelling and cramping, and also helps in improving muscle recovery time.
- The socks are good for running, working, or sporting to prevent swelling.
- Being made with polyamide and elastane, superior quality is assured.
Cons of Tech Wall Compression Socks
- You might find they are comparably expensive
8. 2XU Men’s Compression Performance Socks
- Made with 72 Nylon and 28 Invista sport Lycra
- It is made to be hand washed
- They are designed to be fitted
Features of 2XU Men’s Compression Performance Socks
- It is designed for sports
- Running with it makes room for less fatigue, provides more comfort, and aids quick recovery.
- It has zoned breathability giving room for maximum airflow and comfort.
- It has a seamless toe, giving room for adequate blood circulation
- There is also a padded zone in the footbed, which enhances cushioning.
- If you are using it for other functions asides from sports, you might not enjoy it.
9. CEP Women’s Athletic Compression Run Socks
For people with diabetes who are athletes and are working to promote their everyday use, women’s athletic compression run socks will be very useful.
It is made with 85 polyamides and 15 spandex
- Designed to be a machine wash socks
- It is a fitted sock
- It has 20-30mmHg compression
Pros of Women’s Athletic Compression Run socks
- Being a CEP compression sock, provides a comfortable and functional fit for athletes with low performance due to certain foot complications caused by diabetes.
- Using these CEP compression socks will help reduce swelling, fatigue, and cramping in the foot.
- The socks help in reducing swelling and soreness of the muscle.
If you are traveling, playing basketball, hiking, cycling, or engaging in long runs, these CEP socks will help prevent shin splints.
- In addition to its graduated compression, having a 20-30mmHg compression helps increase circulation and deliver more fuels to muscles, and this helps in improving endurance.
- It is a fitted type, thereby giving a perfect mold to your feet without restricting your toes.
This will create an unparalleled fit and prevent rubbing.
- It has a great knit design which helps to improve airflow over the skin.
This will allow air to flow through your skin, thereby moderating your body temperature.
- It has padded cushioning and seamless toe closure, which helps protect against blisters and hotspots.
- It generally helps to improve your circulation by 40.
Cons of Women’s Athletic Compression Socks
- Some people may find it expensive.
- This works better for athletes.
10. SB SOX Compression Socks at Amazon
These compression socks are very good for both men and women. It is a very good fit option for athletes, or people with diabetes with varicose veins or edema.
Features of SB SOX Compression Socks
- They have a 20-30mmHg compression
- Designed as a graduated compression.
- It is designed to have 4 different sizes.
Pros of SB SOX Compression Socks
- It is designed to fit your calf muscles completely.
So, you don’t need to be bothered about getting an oversized compression. This explains why it comes in four different sizes. You just need to go through your size chat and find the perfect fit for you.
- It provides a maximum boost to your blood circulation, and this is possible because of its graduated compression system.
- They are form-fitting, lightweight, and has breathable fabrics.
Cons of SB SOX Compression socks
- Some may find it expensive.
11. CEP Tall Compression Socks
- It has a compression level of 20-30mmHg
- They are made of 85 polyamides and 15 spandex
- It has moisture-wicking fibers
Cons of Tall compression socks
- It is made with graduated compression
- It has a HEIQ clima-management which gives a cooling sensation to the skin
- It helps in the quick recovery of sore calves
- It helps inform-fitting of lactic acid
- With its great moisture-wicking fibers, it keeps the skin fresh
- If you have plantar fasciitis, splints, and Achilles tendon, these compression socks greatly help in pain relief.
12. CEP Short Compression Socks 3.0
- It has a compression level of 20-30mmHg
- They are made up of 85 polyamides and 15 spandex
Pros of Short Compression Socks
- They will help you relieve swelling and soreness
- Their performance padding along with the footbed helps to prevent blisters.
- It has a HEIQ clima-management which has a cooling effect on the skin
- The socks are very tough and durable because it has breathable yarn
- It helps in relieving pain caused by plantar fasciitis due to athletic compression.
The complications and challenges people with diabetes face differently. This means that different people might have various reasons for seeking out compression socks. Whatever your reasons are, we have carefully given the detailed features of varying compression socks that can guide you into finding the right one that will soothe your need.
Just refer to the above list, or if you have a question, comment below.